Table of Contents
Yes, yak cheese dog chews are good for your dog since these are all-natural products made from Himalayan yak milk and are rich in nutrients like protein, and calcium and are low in fat.
There are a variety of dog chew treats available, but you want to give your canine friend just the best and healthiest options. But in the huge pool of several treats how do you know and find the best treat that your dog is going to love?
You might have heard that yak cheese dog chews provide great health dental benefits to your dogs. But did you know that there are several other benefits your beloved dogs get from these chews?
What are Yak Cheese Dog Chews?
Simply put, dog chews that are made from yak milk are yak cheese dog chews. However, the source where the milk comes from makes a huge difference.
Yak Cheese Dog Chews are made from the milk of Himalayan cows that are raised in high altitude. These organic yak chews are made up of four simple ingredients: yak milk, cow milk, a hint of lime juice and salt.
These high-protein and low-fat organic dog chews are loved by all dogs, whether that be small pup or a senior dog. Zero artificial flavors, no- added preservative and low fat make these chews healthy and safe for consumption to almost all dogs and even humans!
Yak Cheese Dog Chews: Benefits
There are several nutritional benefits of yak chews besides being good for dental health only. Being an organic and healthy product, your dogs will be provided with the following nutritional benefits:
Yak Cheese dog chews are high protein, low fat making it a healthier option than other rawhide chews or bully sticks. These dog chews contain over 50% protein and less than 1% fat which makes it healthy for your pups.
If you are busy in your work and are looking for safe chews to keep your dogs busy and engaged, yak chews is the way to go! These dog chews are hard enough to keep your pups engaged for hours, if not days.
These chews are perfect for puppies that are going through the teething phase or if your dog has an annoying habit of chewing on everything whether that be shoes, furniture or even cables.
Learn More: Best Chews for Dogs
Low Odor Treats
Yak chews being organic and all-natural dog chews are low odor treats preventing pet parents from being in extremely stinky situations.
Less Mess, Less Stress
Other benefits of yak chews happen to be less messy and staining. This makes pet parents stress free about cleaning up the mess dogs make while gnawing on the chews.
Yak Cheese Dog Chew vs Other Treats
You might be wondering why Yak Cheese Dog Chew over other treats that are available to dogs on the market. Well, there are many ways yak chews can be a better option for your dogs than other dog chews and treats. Let's find out, shall we?
Yak Cheese Dog Chews vs Bully Sticks
Being a pet parent, you might have heard about bully sticks and what kind of treats they are. Here are some quick points to consider whether to choose yak chews or bully sticks:
- Both these chews are organic products however, the way of manufacturing differs, since yak chew is manufactured with yak milk, cow milk, salt and lime juice. However, Bully sticks are a single product which is bull penis.
- Yak chew is rich in protein and calcium and contains low fat while bully sticks are rich in protein and amino acids.
- Yak chew is harder than bully sticks making it long lasting than bully sticks.
- When it comes to size and texture, yak chews come in different sizes depending on the size of your dog while bully sticks do not come in that many sizes compared to that of yak chews
- When it comes to odor and messiness, yak chews possess no odor and are less messy. However, bully sticks being a byproduct of meat factories, they possess odor and are more messy, staining and can be stinking too.
For More: Yak Chews vs Bully Sticks
Yak Cheese Dog Chews vs Rawhide
Rawhides are another popular treat that are provided to dogs as treats. Lets look at close comparison between yak chews and rawhide:
- Rawhide, being chemically treated can be dangerous for your pups that might include difficulties in digestion while yak chews are highly digestible making it a safer option than rawhide chews.
- When it comes to longevity, yak chews last way longer than rawhide.
- It can be hard to find rawhide that gives low odor and is usually staining and messy while yak chews are low odor and less staining.
- Yak chews come in different sizes according to the size of dogs while yak chews come in different shapes without taking the size of dogs into account.
Yak Cheese Dog Chew vs Antlers
Antlers and yak cheese dog chews are both all natural chews that are loved by dogs. Antlers dog chews are naturally shed while yak chews are manufactured. Lets know the key differences between yak chews and antlers:
- Antlers come from deer, elk, and moose, while yak chews come from the milk of yaks.
- Antlers do not contain any flavors while yak chews contain flavor of cheese from yak milk.
- Both antlers and yak chews are durable however yak chews tend to last a bit less longer than yak chews.
- It is important to monitor dogs while chewing antlers because of the splinters as it possesses the risk of choking hazard.
- Both yak chews and antlers are less staining and contain low or no odor.
Yak Cheese Dog Chews vs Rubber Toys
Rubber toys are one of the most famous chews that are provided to dogs. The main difference between yak chews and rubber toys is that yak chews are edible while rubber chews are basically toys. Let's point out if yak chews will be beneficial for you or rubber toys.
- The main difference can be seen by their names, yak chews are treats while rubber toys are chews too but are clearly not treats.
- When it comes to hygiene, yak chews are clearly more hygienic than toys since rubber toys are stained with saliva and are contaminated with dirt.
- Some rubber toys are not safe for your dogs as they are made with vinyl or rubber plastics. Because of which they may tear apart easily resulting in choking hazard.
Dog Chews: Safety Guide and Precautions
While talking about all the benefits of yak chews, you should not forget about the risks of these super tough chews for your fur-babies. Let's find out the potential risks of feeding all kinds of chews to your dogs.
Yak chews are tough and can be challenging for some dogs, especially senior dogs and very young pups, to chew and swallow. It could raise the possibility of choking or obstructions in the throat or digestive system. So, you should be careful when giving the chews to your dog.
While most dogs enjoy chewing on yak chews since it promotes dental health, there might be chances of tooth chips and fractures especially if your dog is a senior dog and aggressive chewer.
Dogs might be allergic to the artificial flavorings that are added in them other than natural ingredients. So, you should be careful while choosing flavored yak chews for your dogs. Tibetan Dog Chews are additives-free so, our chews are safer for dogs.
How to Feed Yak Cheese Dog Chews
Pet parents should be careful and must realize that yak cheese dog chews are meant to be fed to your dogs as treats, not as a meal. You should provide 1-2 chews per week depending on how aggressive your dog is. Since yak chews are rich in protein, you should be careful not to provide too much good stuff!
While yak chews provide great dental benefits to your four legged companion, there are also risks associated with it related to dental damage, choking hazard, allergies and contamination. It is very important to constantly monitor your dogs while they are busy chewing on yak chews.
Yak chews may be loved by some dogs, but before deciding whether to offer your pet these treats, it's crucial to consider the advantages and disadvantages of doing so.
Learn the process of making yak cheese dog chews